My mom and I are huge fans of some darn good homemade granola. It’s a healthier alternative to any store bought granola and whipping it up yourself allows you to control how much oil, sugar, and any other ingredient that may be unnecessary, to be smuggled in your granola. Easy, Healthier and Quicker opportunity for you to munch on as a snack or the perfect topping for your Greek yogurt. It’ll give you plenty of fiber, iron, and protein needed to start off your day the right way. Which is energized! 😉 Hope you enjoy this recipe, it’s an old favorite:
Dry Ingredients –
- 6 Cups of oats (100% Natural Oats or Organic preferred)
- 5oz can of cashews (You can do less if desired…Or more)
- 1 Cup of Pecans
Keep In mind you can change up the ingredients as you wish to suit what you enjoy best.
Wet Ingredients –
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of hot water
- 2tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of raisins (golden preferred)
Cooking Details Below 🙂
- Preheat your oven at 325°
- Add dry ingredients into your rimmed, ungreased pan and mix well
- Mix wet ingredients together and pour over your mixed dry ingredients
- Mix thoroughly again with a spatula
- Pop that sucker in the oven, and take care of it like a baby, mix it around every 5 minutes for 35 minutes to avoid burning and for a nice even crisp granola
- When it smells like heaven pull it out and let it cool before adding your raisins or dried fruit
- Enjoy and when you’re finished snacking store it away at room temp. (preferably a zip lock bag)
This should make you about 9 cups of granola.
Hope you enjoy this recipe! Follow me via email for updates and connect with me through social media in the sidebar! If you try this killer recipe let me know how it went!